He told us things don’t look good. He said the nation and the world are in the middle of tough economic times.
To help things out, the Governor has promised road repairs and that he will help those less fortunate than us. That says a lot. I mean compared to the over 400 million golden parachute that Corzine had after being booted from Wall Street and Goldman Sachs, everyone is less fortunate than him.
The sad fact is that under the last three years of Jon Corzine, all New Jerseyans really are less fortunate. He raised taxes by almost $2 billion and spent us into 2.1 billion dollars of debt. So under Corzine it cost more to live in Jersey and we got less. Unless of course you are Carla Katz and the communications workers union. They got more and they have also made it clear that they want more yet.
A spokesman for the CWA recently warned that when the Governor said that everyone is going to have give a little during the coming year, the CWA will not do so. They have made it clear that they won’t give an inch or a cent and that everything the Governor promised them is going to be taken by them. Now you know why the Sopranos‘s was filmed in Jersey.
Corzine’s sad state of the state had to be one of the most bland, uninspiring and bleak speeches given by a politician in recent memory. It almost made you wish you had the chance to listen to impeached Governor Rod Balgojevich recite more English poets in between his repeated cries of innocence. At least Blagojevich provided some dramatic backdrop for his story. Corzine had nothing.
You would think that at a time like this, New Jersey citizens could use a little something to go on that could give us the ability to hold on to hope for better economic times in the state. But there was nothing.
Perhaps the most interesting statements made by Corzine were those he said during the last quarter of his excuse,…..I mean address.
He said he agreed with the proposals of many Republican lawmakers who want more transparency in government and who want the state’s budgets to be available for the public to review.
Republicans like State Senator Jennifer Beck have been urging these things for years but I guess with nothing else to say or point to, Corzine was left with no alternative but to admit that the Republican proposals were good and needed to be adopted.
The other statement of mention came when Corzine said, that the one thing you can count on is that he will say what he means. That is actually quite profound especially coming from him the day after he won a court case that allowed the Governor to keep what he said to his ex-girlfriend, Carla Katz, during state contract negotiations with the local CWA union that she was the President of at the time.
The Governor actually asks us to believe what he says, yet most of what he says is kept secret.
Now that is liberal logic for you.
HOW TO TELL IF YOUR FAVORITE CONGRESSMAN IS CROOKED
- When you shake hands with him, two of your fingers are suddenly missing.
- He has an off shore corporation based in the Bahamas that supposed to sell bananas.
- Instead of calling him “congressman” his employees call him “boss”.
- He has a wife at home, another in D.C., a maid, a housekeeper, a college intern, an out of college intern, and three more secretaries than he needs.
- He has a house in your district, but he never lives there, and one in Las Vegas, another in Costa Rica, another in D.C., another in Spain.
- Everyone pays him–the gardener, the garbageman, the cable guy, the local councilman, the mayor, the CEO from the airline, his mistress, his dog and the goldfish.
- The only way he gets to talk before the television cameras is if he is indicted.
- At roll call, he always seems to be on a foreign junket.
- Everyone else pays his bills.
- His pictures appear in his district at election time, but he can never make those debates that he scheduled.
- His dog is named “Bugsy”.
- All of his real estate holdings pay no taxes.
- His apartment buildings are run down and need of attention.
- His daughter and son are running for student council, and Dad is supporting them with a ticker tape parade down the school hallway.
- His guest list at his parties include labor leaders, politicians,
- Miss America winners, Miss Universe Winners, some business men with lots of money and nobody from the press.
- His suits come from Paris instead of “Suit Bargain Express”.
- His headquarters is in a high-rise.
- He never looks straight at you when he shakes your hand.
- After he does so, you notice that your rings are missing.
- His fillings in his mouth are now made of gold.
- His wife is driving his old Cadillac. His mistress is driving the new Lexus, and she is driving him.
- He has pictures of well-known politicians on his wall-with names such as “Lucky” and “Big Jim” and “Shifty”.
- He spends more time in Las Vegas than he does in Washington.
- You only see him in the district around election time.
REPEAL THE CONGRESSIONAL PAY HIKE
Pass The Link On To Family, Friends and Co-workers
AND DON’T FORGET………….
BE SURE TO SIGN THE PETITION URGING THE NOMINATION
OF SENATOR BECK FOR LT. GOV.